Maine Maritime Museum is a coastal Maine attraction offering many opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture. There is so much to see and do, admission is good for two days!
Visitors will find:
- Scenic 20-acre campus on the banks of the Kennebec River
- Daily lighthouse cruises and trolley tours
- The country's only surviving historic shipyard where wooden ships were built
- A Victorian-era shipyard owner's home
- Demonstrations and interactive exhibits
- New England's largest sculpture: a full-size representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built, Wyoming
- Kids love our Pirate Playship and human-sized lobster trap!