Maine Maritime Museum offers many opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture. There is so much to see and to, admission is good for two days of visiting.
Visitors will find:
- Fascinating exhibits and artifacts
- Contemporary, interactive areas for children and adults
- An historic shipyard with five original 19th century buildings
- A Victorian-era shipyard owner's home
- An active waterfront
- New England's largest sculpture - a full-size representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built, Wyoming
- A scenic campus on the banks of the Kennebec River
Also in the About section your can learn a little about the Museum's History and our Mission. Also, find out who is on our staff and how to contact us. To find out what we've been up to recently check out the past few issues of our quarterly newsletter The Rhumb Line.