Sponsorships are an important base of support for Maine Maritime Museum from individuals, foundations and businesses who wish to invest in the cultural life of this region. Through sponsorship businesses communicate to employees, clients and customers their commitment to improving the quality of life in our community. Likewise, individual sponsorship conveys to family and friends an individual's sense of responsibility to establish or continue a legacy of community involvement to future generations.
The Museum accepts designated gifts from individuals, foundations and businesses to support specific programs, events or exhibits. Unless donors request anonymity, sponsors are recognized in all public materials, press releases, advertising and signage related to the sponsored program, event or exhibit, as well as verbally by Museum staff in public comments. Links to the websites of corporate and business sponsors will be placed on the Museum website for the duration of sponsorship.
Depending on the level of support and sponsor objectives, additional benefits may include:
- Invitations to receptions and special events
- Free admission passes for guests, clients, employees
- Copies of the Museum newsletter, The Rhumb Line, for promotional purposes
- Free or reduced rates usage of Long Reach Hall
- Behind-the-scenes Museum tours for special guests
- Tailored marketing opportunities