Tour Operator Information
Why should you include Maine Maritime Museum as one of your New England destinations?
· Conveniently located just 20 minutes from Freeport and just 1.2 miles off US Route 1 on the way to Boothbay Harbor
· Located on a picturesque 20-acre campus on the banks of the Kennebec River
· Our friendly and knowledgeable docents bring the rich tradition of Maine boatbuilding to life with guided tours of our Percy & Small Shipyard
· Visitors can experience Victorian shipyard life in our Donnell House
· View present-day boatbuilding techniques in our Boat Shop
· Explore Maine’s most famous fishery in the Lobstering & Maine Coast exhibit
Seasonally, take your customers' maritime exploration one step further with a Kennebec River cruise. From Great Ships to Lighthouses, your guests will connect to Maine’s seafaring history in a memorable way - seeing destroyers being built at Bath Iron Works, viewing two lighthouses and breathtaking natual scenery. If seats are available, your group can join one of our regularly scheduled cruises (Noon and 2 p.m. daily) or, better yet, let us create a charter cruise just for you.
We also offer a limited number of exclusive behind-the-gate tours of neighboring Bath Iron Works, where your group can witness firsthand how modern US Navy destroyers are built, using the most high-tech methods anywhere in the world. Dates and times for these tours are limited, and must be arranged in advance, and are subject to BIW’s schedule and national security concerns.
Our current group tour rate is $10 per person for groups of 10 or more who make advance arrangements. Additional fees apply for BIW tours and cruises.
· Two complimentary admissions per group for a driver and guide
· Front door unloading and plenty of free bus parking
· Lots of restrooms; air-conditioned galleries and main building
· Food service and use of Long Reach Hall available at additional costs with at least two business days notice.
Contact our Tour Specialist
For more information and to make reservations please call 207.443.1316 x 0 or e-mail email@example.com.