Maine Maritime Museum (MMM), an internationally recognized cultural institution located on the Kennebec River in Bath, is looking for Boat Crew for the 2019 season. Crew members play an integral role in facilitating safe, entertaining, and educational experiences for museum guests. The museum prides itself on creating quality, entertaining, meaningful, and enriching on-the-water experiences for visitors of all ages.
We seek outgoing, customer-oriented individuals to serve in this part-time seasonal position. Crew assists with the daily operations and maintenance of the museum’s cruise boat.
Maine Maritime Museum
MMM is an independent, nonprofit institution dedicated to promoting an understanding and appreciation of Maine’s maritime heritage and culture through gallery exhibits, an historic shipyard, educational programs, a research Library, and narrated excursions along area waterways. Founded in 1962, the Museum is located on a beautiful 20-acre campus on the banks of the Kennebec River in Bath, “The City of Ships”, and provides a unique experience to visitors of all ages from around the world.
• Welcoming guests
• Handling dock lines
• Conducting cruise narration
• Pre and post-cruise housekeeping
• Concessions, beverage sales, and inventory
• Ticketing and assisting passengers as needed
• Ability to follow procedures
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Current CPR / First Aid Certificate or ability to obtain at museum’s expense
• Friendly, outgoing personality
• Must pass pre-hire drug screening and be subject to random drug testing
• Solid customer relation skills
• Familiarity with local waters including Kennebec River, Sasanoa River, Boothbay Harbor, and Merrymeeting Bay and an understanding of local history a plus
On the job training available. This position runs from May through October; some early evening and weekend work required.
Please send resumes firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an online application. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Date Posted: 3/6/2019
This position is subject to sex offender and criminal background checks.
Maine Maritime Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.