Maine Maritime Museum, an internationally recognized cultural institution located on the Kennebec River in Bath, seeks a Guest Services Manager who will play a key role in managing and advancing the museum’s Guest Services Department and help the museum continue to grow and excel.
Under direct supervision of the Director of Programs and Operations, and working in close collaboration with other museum staff and volunteers, this position is responsible for museum store operations, admissions, food service, group sales, facility rentals, and dockage/moorings. The Guest Services Manager develops and manages a budget of approximately $450,000. The manager supervises a staff of 12 FT and PT staff and 50 front line volunteers. This is a full-time, year-round position managing a museum guest services program that is open 7 days a week.
Maine Maritime Museum
Maine Maritime Museum is an independent, nonprofit institution dedicated to promoting an understanding and appreciation of Maine’s maritime heritage through gallery exhibits, an historic shipyard, educational programs, a research Library, and narrated excursions along area waterways. Founded in 1962, the Museum is located on a beautiful 20-acre campus along Kennebec River in Bath, “The City of Ships”. The museum provides a unique experience to visitors of all ages. The Museum is open daily (except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day) from 9:30 am to 5 pm.
- Bachelor’s Degree; 3-5 years of retail management experience.
- The ideal candidate is experienced in retail management, has a strong work ethic, is a well-organized, proactive and efficient leader, with a good sense of humor, and desires to work and learn with others in an energetic professional office.
- Strong interpersonal skills and public communication abilities, including excellent customer service and management ability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, and computerized inventory and Point of Sale systems.
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve independently in a fast-paced seasonal environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include weekends and evenings.
- Ability to stand for periods of time, lift 50 lbs., work in an indoor and outdoor setting, and walk over irregular terrain.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Debbie Seybold at Maine Maritime Museum, 243 Washington Street, Bath, ME 04530. Electronic submissions accepted at HR@maritimeme.org.
No phone inquiries. The position will be filled as soon as possible. Salary will be commensurate with experience. There are competitive benefits, and a positive and collaborative working environment on a beautiful river-front campus.
Date Posted: February 14, 2020
This position is subject to sex offender and criminal background checks.
Maine Maritime Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.