Maine Maritime Museum, an internationally recognized cultural institution located on the Kennebec River in Bath is hiring for seasonal Guest Services/Retail Associates.
Under the direct supervision of the Guest Services Manager, Guests Services Associates are the initial and principal contact with museum guests and are responsible for ensuring a positive guest experience while maintaining museum standards and communicating museum offerings, programs and services.
Specific duties include:
• Welcome guests to the museum in a friendly and professional manner
• Maintain a working knowledge of museum exhibits, tours and programs
• Accurately utilize the POS system for museum admissions and gift shop
• Support retail store operations by following merchandising plans, actively work the sales floor to identify sales opportunities and engage guests to maximize sales.
• Accurately reconcile cash drawers after each shift, maintain correct tour/cruise manifests and produce daily reports.
• Accurately use the museum’s online reservation system for advance reservations
• Daily opening and closing of the museum galleries and shipyard
• Provide retail support to the museum’s café and cruise boat as needed
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Previous retail and/or customer service experience is a plus
• Ability to work independently and effectively with diverse groups of people
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced seasonal environment
• Competent math and computer skills
• Flexible schedule and ability to work weekends and evenings
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk over irregular terrain and lift 35 lbs.
• Must be available from May through October
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.