Guest Services/Retail Associates
Maine Maritime Museum (MMM), an internationally recognized cultural institution located on the Kennebec River in Bath is seeking Guest Services/Retail Associates. These positions will start as seasonal, with the potential to become year-round, part-time employment.
Under the direct supervision of the Guest Services Manager, Guests Services/Retail Associates are the initial and principal contact with Museum guests and are responsible for ensuring a positive guest experience while maintaining Museum standards and communicating Museum offerings, programs and services.
Maine Maritime Museum MMM is an independent, nonprofit institution dedicated to promoting an understanding and appreciation of Maine’s maritime heritage and culture through gallery exhibits, an historic shipyard, educational programs, a research Library, and narrated excursions along area waterways. Founded in 1962, the Museum is located on a beautiful 20-acre campus on the banks of the Kennebec River in Bath, “The City of Ships”, and provides a unique experience to visitors of all ages from around the world.
• Welcome guests to the Museum in a friendly and professional manner
• Maintain a working knowledge of Museum exhibits, tours and programs
• Accurately utilize the POS system for Museum admissions and gift shop
• Support retail store operations by following merchandizing plans, actively work the sales floor to identify sales opportunities and engage guests to maximize sales.
• Accurately reconcile cash drawers after each shift, maintain correct tour/cruise manifests and produce daily reports.
• Accurately use the Museum’s on-line reservation system for advance reservations
• Daily opening and closing of the Museum galleries and shipyard
• Provide retail support to the museum’s café and cruise boat as needed
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Previous retail and/or customer service experience is a plus
• Ability to work independently and effectively with diverse groups of people
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced seasonal environment
• Competent math and computer skills
• Flexible schedule and ability to work weekends and evenings
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk over irregular terrain and lift 35 lbs.
• Must be available from May through October
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Posted: 5/20/2020 This position is subject to sex offender and criminal background checks. Maine Maritime Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.