Utility Person – Facilities
The Utility Person supports the mission and goals of Maine Maritime Museum by giving top priority to strategic plan initiatives, teamwork, and public service. Under direction of the Facilities Manager, the Utility Person is responsible for assisting in the proper maintenance and upkeep of all buildings and systems including: infrastructure, grounds, and waterfront for the museum’s 20-acre campus.
The position serves as part of the museum’s security team and may be responsible for answering after-hour calls from the museum’s security company. The Utility Person additionally assists the Janitorial and Curatorial Staff (as directed) in maintaining the cleanliness and appearances of the Museum’s buildings and grounds. This position is part-time, seasonal, with a 30+/- hour work week. $15.00/hr.
Duties and Responsibilities
The person in this position works in conjunction with their supervisor (Facilities Manager) to complete
- Participate in the proper cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of museum infrastructure, buildings, grounds, equipment, systems and vehicles
- Keep utilities functioning at optimal levels and manage usage including: electricity, water, plumbing, heat and air, security, and sprinkler systems
- Assist with seasonal turnover: installation and removal of waterfront and campus seasonal equipment and projects, and coordinate activities with Guest Services schedule
- Work effectively with museum staff, Building & Grounds Committee, volunteer staff, contractors, vendors and supervised staff to maximize productivity while creating a positive and friendly working environment for all
- Occasionally assist with daily opening of museum buildings
- Occasionally take security and maintenance calls on nights and weekends
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Solid project and time management skills
- Basic maintenance skills (carpentry, electric, plumbing, HVAC, etc.)
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Solid communication skills
- Yard maintenance experience
- Must be capable of lifting up to 80 pounds and be in good physical condition
- Valid Maine driver’s license
- Boat handling experience a plus
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. You may also mail them to: Debbie Seybold, Maine Maritime Museum, 243 Washington St, Bath, ME 04530.
This position posted May 18, 2022
This position is subject to sex offender and criminal background checks.
Maine Maritime Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.