Visitor Experience Associates
Maine Maritime Museum (MMM), an internationally recognized cultural institution located on the Kennebec River in Bath, is seeking Visitor Experience Associates. These positions will start as seasonal, with the potential to become year-round, part-time employment. The starting payrate is $16/hour.
This job is a great fit for people with retail experience, customer service experience, or anyone who likes a busy atmosphere and interacting with the public! Job duties can include time spent standing while helping museum visitors at a cash register, walking over some uneven terrain and up and down stairs while closing historic buildings on campus, moving museum store items and boxes of stock, accurately counting cash and making change from a cash drawer, and entering museum visitor information into the point-of-sale software. The museum is open 7 days a week, so some weekend shifts might be necessary. There will be infrequent evening shifts. Seasonal staff are needed for coverage from May through October, but greatest staffing needs are from June-August and we invite students and seasonal residents to
• Foster a friendly, welcoming, and helpful atmosphere for museum visitors
• Greet museum visitors and share information about museum events and offerings, including daily cruises
• Run a cash register, collect passenger information for cruise ticket sales
• Learn about products in the museum store, and assist visitors in their shopping
• Provide directions, suggestions, and recommendations to museum visitors
• Handle phone calls and emails by answering questions or redirecting to the appropriate staff member
• Assist with transporting visitors around the museum campus by driving passenger golf carts
• Open and close the historic Percy & Small Shipyard, museum galleries, and interior exhibits
• Count and reconcile cash drawers and assist in creating end-of-day financial paperwork
• Help receive, price, and shelve inventory, and restock the museum store as needed
• Occasionally provide support to events staff or help Merrymeeting boat crew run the on-board snack bar
Maine Maritime Museum
Maine Maritime Museum is an independent, nonprofit institution dedicated to promoting an understanding and appreciation of Maine’s maritime heritage and culture through gallery exhibits, an historic shipyard, educational programs, a research library, and narrated excursions along area waterways. Founded in 1962, the Museum is located on a beautiful 20-acre campus on the banks of the Kennebec River in Bath, “The City of Ships”, and provides a unique experience to visitors of all ages from around the world.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Date Posted: 3/21/2023
This position is subject to sex offender and criminal background checks.
Maine Maritime Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maine Maritime Museum follows CDC guidelines.