Great news, Museum Friends!
In accordance with the recently announced reopening plan, we are excited to welcome campers to Kennebec Explorers Day Camp this summer! We will be following all recommendations to ensure our campers (and their parents!) have a fantastic experience this summer. Camp staff have been hard at work developing a fun and educational summer camp experience that explores themes of history, ecology, and maritime culture, while remaining sensitive to physical distance requirements. Also… PIRATES!
- Kennebec Explorers Camp is entirely outdoors in the open air with plenty of space for campers to maintain physical distance. In case of foul weather,
we’ll be under a large event tent.
- All camp counselors will undergo training on current safety measures.
- Museum staff will continue to maintain a rigorous cleaning schedule.
- Camp has an intentionally small capacity, assuring recommended precautions can be followed.
- Our immediate proximity to natural spaces provides a special opportunity to learn from the nature along the river in our own shipyard.
Registrations are open now! There are seven sessions available: June 22-26; July 6-10; July 13-17; July 20-24; July 27-31; August 3-7; and August 17-21.
If any session of camp must be cancelled, registrants will receive a full refund.